Our opening days are Monday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday 10.00 am to 4.30 pm (last entry 4pm). Please see some guidance for visits below.
We have made some changes to keep our visitors and volunteers safe, following Government advice and guidance.
– We have a separate entrance and exit to the Museum and tea shop to maintain social distancing (please enter through the tea room door).
– A one way system is in operation around the Museum
– Hand sanitisers and gloves are available for your visit
– We are offering a cashless method of payment
– Our tea shop tables have been reduced in number and now spaced two metres apart, and we are offering table service only with a reduced menu
– Unless seated in the tea-room for the purposes of eating and drinking, all visitors must wear a face covering.
– We are registered as part of the government’s track and trace system, QR codes are available to scan at reception and in the tea-room. For those who don’t have the app, a paper register is being kept of all visitors.
– In accordance with Tier 2 guidance, we welcome one household per table in the tea room, although groups of six can sit in our courtyard garden.
Please think of others, as much as we’d like you to visit us, if you feel unwell stay at home.
Lime Tree house is on The Plocks, opposite the Royal British Legion in the centre of Blandford Forum. From the Market Place, follow the lane at the front of the Church (Church Lane) up past the small Short Stay car park. The museum is on your left.
The museum is in the centre of town, in the middle of Blandford’s one way system. From the Market Place, follow the system around to Salisbury Street, and then bear right at the fork. Turn immediately right into The Plocks and you will see the museum on your right. There is some onstreet parking opposite the museum, and a short stay car park on Church Lane. Further parking (including Long Stay) can be found at Eagle House Gardens, a short walk away.
Blandford Forum does not have a train station, but our nearest stations are Salisbury, Sherborne and Bournemouth (all around 40 mins by car).